Drayton valley dating
During the 18th and early 19th centuries this bridge was maintained by the Colnbrook turnpike trustees, who presumably erected in 1834 the bridge with cast-iron parapets which now stands.
The plan on page 99 of the Airports Commission report confirms that the proposal requires the demolition of every building at Longford.
Longford may be founded on a small Saxon settlement dating from the 5th to 7th century AD.
Historic buildings survive from the medieval and immediate post-medieval periods.
Longford is a village that has never had a church so can also be considered a hamlet, immediately north-west of London Heathrow Airport in the London Borough of Hillingdon, formerly part of Harmondsworth by tithes, land tax, vestry and still by Church of England parish. Longford is 15.8 miles (25.4 km) west of Charing Cross and within the M25 motorway which marks its western boundary with Colnbrook, Berkshire.
The name Longford derives from the two words "long" and "ford", after the wide ford across the Colne which is where the old Bath Road crosses it, a middle ditch, and the Wraysbury River, carrying on west from the village street.
An important part of the parish economy, aside from its four manor houses, 48 houses were on Moor and Sheep Lanes in Harmondsworth.